After you create and validate a property version, you are ready to deploy it. Initially, we highly recommend that you always deploy the property to the staging environment to make sure the property is configured properly and behaves as expected. After you confirm that the property is ready to go live, you can deploy it to the production environment.
In the left pane, click Edge Configurations.
On the Properties page, click the ID of the property you want to deploy.
In the Actions column, click the vertical ellipsis for the property you want to deploy, and then select Edit.
Scroll down to the Deployment section and click either Staging or Production:
- To deploy the property now, click Deploy Now and proceed to the next step.
- To deploy the property at a later time, click Add to Standby task to move this action to the standby queue.
Note: To view the deployment history of the property before deploying it, click the Deployment History button.
If you clicked the Deploy Now button, click OK when the confirmation pop-up appears. Usually, the deployment process finishes in 5 minutes. You can either wait with the progress dialog box, or close it to perform other tasks while the deployment continues in the background. You can click Tasks in the left pane to check the status of the deployment at any time.
For instructions about testing the property in the staging environment, click here.
- In the Actions column on the Properties page, click the vertical ellipsis of the deployed property you want to undeploy, and then select Undeploy from Staging or Undeploy from Production.
- When the confirmation pop-up appears, click the appropriate button:
- To undeploy the property now, click OK and proceed to the next step.
If you clicked OK, you can either wait with the progress dialog box, or close it to perform other tasks while the undeployment continues in the background. You can click Tasks in the left pane to check the status of the undeployment at any time.
- To undeploy the property at a later time, click Add to Standby task to move this action to the standby queue.
- In the Actions column on the Properties page, click the vertical ellipsis of the property whose deployment history you want to view, and then select Deployment History.
- To view task details, click the ID or task name for a deployment.
- Clicking the Property ID link under Actions on the Task Details page displays the page where you can edit the corresponding property.
Note: Fields at the top of the Deployment page allow you to search for deployments over a specified date and time range.